TopSpec sponsored rider, Louise Saywell, is brimming with enthusiasm following her tremendous 2016 success at both HOYS and Liverpool International.
Here she shares with us some details of her love of horses but also reveals some facts that are not necessarily things you would associate with an equestrian champion.
- If Louise wasn’t a champion showjumper, she would have been a groom instead, as she always knew she wanted to be involved in the sport.
- Her horse of a lifetime was Winner, later known as Hello Winner. She produced her as a six-year-old through to going to the Furusiyya Nations Cup Final in Barcelona as part of the GB team.
- Her highlight of last year was competing in the major classes at HOYS and Liverpool International.
- She believes her biggest win was the Mattie Brown class at Newark and Nottinghamshire County Show two years ago riding Mr Darcy.
- Her dad, showjumped at the Munich Olympics and her mother did Working Hunter – she was second three times at HOYS.
- Her future aims are for more Nations Cup selections. She wants to win some Grand Prix classes and is aiming for the very top of her chosen sport.
- Louise’s riding hero is Marcus Ehning as she thinks everything he does looks so effortless.
- Louise says that high-heeled shoes are her favourite item of clothing – let’s hope she remembers to change out of them for her next competition!
- Her worst habit is Facebook, although with all her success, we feel she should be proud to be publishing on it.
- She lives by the motto ‘It is what it is’.
- Her horses are fed a TopSpec feed regime with her favourite product being TopSpec Comprehensive Feed Balancer.